UOB (China) Personal Internet Banking has a system that provides a high standard of security for banking over the Internet. This security system safeguards the confidentiality of your personal account information and banking transactions which employs:
● Multiple levels of firewalls
- Multiple levels of firewalls act as a barrier between the bank system and Internet to protect your account and personal information.
● 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is one of the strongest encryption technologies in the world for commercial purposes. All the data - exchanged between you and the bank system will be encrypted to avoid information reveal.
● Two-Factor Authentication (SMS-OTP)
- Two-Factor Authentication (SMS-OTP) provides an additional layer of security for verifying the identity of a UOB (China) Personal Internet - Banking customer.
- Two-Factor Authentication (SMS-OTP) is required when you are performing the full access mode login, or submitting a high risk transaction.
● Third Party transfer control
- Daily limit, total daily transaction number and annual cumulative limit controls.
- Extra safety questions (3FA) need to be passed in the execution of 3rd party transfers when exceeding the stipulated limit.
● Timeout handling
- You will be logged out of your Internet banking session after a period of inactivity to ensure that your account and details are not - compromised.
● Account lock
- If unauthorized personnel intends to login your Personal Internet Banking account , the account will be locked right after several failed attempts. To unlock - the account, please call the UOB (China) Hotline or visit UOB(China) branch/sub-branch for help.
● Personal information privacy
- Keep confidential of your internet banking username and password is not compromised. Do remember the password, don’t write it down or disclose it to - anyone. The bank staff will not request for your username or password for any reasons.
- You need to periodically modify your internet banking password. Password must be 8 to 24 characters without space. Your password is also case-sensitive - and must be the combination of numeric and alphanumeric.